Having smoked cigarettes for over 15 years, Will Cohen, founder of the Vape A Vet Project, knew he needed to make a change or he would risk not seeing his daughter grow up. After making the switch to e-cigarettes and seeing the improvement in his health since he was no longer smoking, he knew he had to share his success with those that needed it but didn’t always have access to the necessary products.
Within the United States Armed Forces, we have seen far too many service members addicted to traditional cigarettes. Military personnel smoke at a rate 50% higher than the civilian population, and when deployed to combat zones, that number skyrockets to over 300%. With the introduction of this new technology, this is a problem we can help solve. Why shouldn’t every service member have the opportunity to experience being smoke free?
As a registered 501(c)(3) charity, Vape A Vet’s primary goal is to provide active and former service members with the equipment and knowledge necessary to switch to an alternative at absolutely no cost to them.
Since our humble beginnings in 2013, the number of veterans we’ve served has grown rapidly. To date, over 1,500 starter kits & 2,000 care packages have been sent to active and former service members (a running total is available at www.vapeavet.org). An incredible 87% have successfully made the transition from tobacco to electronic cigarettes.
Every day, we strive do our part to fight an addiction that kills millions. We are driven to share this incredible technology with the men and women of the armed forces who serve or have served our great country, but have struggled to stop smoking.
How You Can Help
A lot of people ask us; how can I get involved and help out?
Well, it depends! There are TONS of ways to help support our mission!
A lot of people ask us how they can get involved and help out?
There are TONS of ways to help support our mission!
For Retailers, Manufacturers and Wholesalers:
1. If you have physical retail locations, consider carrying Bottle Ready to Vape Liquids. 100% of the wholesale profits made from the sale of BRV Liquids are donated to the Vape a Vet Project and are used to fund the purchase of kits, pay for shipping, and cover the cost of outreach and support.
2. If you’re an e-liquid manufacturer, you can make a special flavor with the Vape A Vet logo and donate a portion of sales of that particular flavor to the Project. It’s a really neat way to show vapers and veterans that you support the cause, and it really helps! Contact us via http://www.vapeavet.org for more details.
3. For e-liquid manufacturers and mod makers, we are happy to accept donations to the care packages we send monthly. We separate, package and distribute over 100 care packages every month to soldiers around the world at absolutely no cost. For hardware, we request that any donations be current-generation products. We are always in need of e-liquid in 3mg/mL and 6mg/mL nicotine levels. Requests for support have far exceeded donations of these concentrations, but we have a good supply of nicotine-free, and higher nicotine e-liquid. Items donated must be new, unopened and not expired. (We treat e-liquid similar to food, you wouldn’t donate a half-eaten hamburger to someone would you?)
4. If you’re an online retailer, consider making a coupon code with a matching donation to Vape A Vet. We suggest using the code VAPEAVET and giving the individual 5-10% off their order with a 5-10% matching donation. It’s a great chance to do a little more while offering a chance for your customers to save some money.
1. The single easiest way of supporting Vape A Vet is by supporting BRV Liquids. Since that’s one of our main funding sources, it’s a really easy way of supporting the Project by doing something you already do! If you already vape, why not do a little more with the same money you’re already spending? Vape for a Cause™!
2. Talk to your local retailers, tell them about what we’re doing and ask them to get involved. If they already support Vape A Vet, give them a high five on us!
3. Spread the word! If you have family or friends who are serving or who have served who are current smokers, let them know about this amazing chance to give vaping a chance at no cost to them.
Thank you for everything that you do as a community, we couldn’t do it without you!